FLAG is a group of pro-American leaders, with a proven record of effectively exposing anti-Americanism.
Several of the FLAG team have been leaders within America’s greatest conservative organizations, including:
- The Heritage Foundation
- The Leadership Institute
- Turning Point USA
- Centennial Institute
During their careers, our personnel have been involved in identifying and targeting anti-Americanism on campus, in the media, and on the world stage. Here are just a few examples:
- a viral letter to America about American exceptionalism and President Vladimir Putin, after the Russian President’s New York Times op-ed
- exposing on national television the Colorado Professor who forced students to recite an anti-American version of the Pledge of Allegiance
- identifying in nationally-syndicated columns several anti-American universities, media outlets and journalists
- garnering national attention for anti-American sentiment at Harvard University
- calling for a US policy to address anti-Americanism in Latin America
- condemning the New York Times for its “America problem”
- targeting professors and students at the University of California who sought to ban American flags on campus
- highlighting anti-American bias in textbooks used in classrooms.
Here are recent examples of the type of anti-American hate FLAG stands to fight:
- ABC banning reporters from wearing American flag pins to remain “unbiased”.
- The University of North Carolina offering a course called “Literature of 9-11” that portrays Islamic terrorists sympathetically, and justifies their actions.
- Actor George Lopez’s assertion about America that “This country has enough racists”
- Middle school students in Nashville forced to write “Allah is the only God.”
- A Boston University professor’s assertion that white males were a problem population in America.
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen and others’ anti-American criticism of the film “American Sniper” and its depiction of military hero, Chris Kyle
- Singer Ariana Grande’s assertion that – “I hate America. I hate Americans.”
- Television host John Oliver’s allegation that America is “homophobic”, and suggesting America had influence on current anti-gay policies in Uganda
- A Tennessee school district not permitting American flags on school property to prevent students offending other students
- The Salon.com comparison of America and ISIS
- A sociology professor at the University of Memphis – now at Rhodes College – expressing her distaste for ‘snotty privileged white kids’ in America.
- An elderly man has all his American flags confiscated by a city worker in Michigan.